Monday, February 12, 2007

Engagement Party (Belated Post)

A little over a week ago my friends Craig and Erica had an engagement party which I was fortunate enough to attend. Apart from wishing them all the best for their marriage, I always wanted to note that I really enjoyed the opportunity to walk around and talk to some people that I wouldn't really spend much time talking to otherwise. I spent some time talking to Craig's dad Ross, about how his new Church is going for him and how the youth are there. I also talked to a few other people including Sharon who is a teacher at a Christian school.

I always find it interesting talking to teachers at other schools, because I have somewhat of an insight into teaching as I work at a school, but still find it interesting to listen to other teachers and hear what their school is like. I know enough about teaching to not be totally lost and uninterested in a conversation, but because I'm not a teacher myself I don't get totally overwhelmed with teaching and not want to talk about it.

I really did enjoy the opportunity to move around and talk to people, and I've been thinking a little that perhaps I should take more of an opportunity to do that after Church on a Sunday morning.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Steff said...

Yes, I've often wanted to 'chat up' the old ladies, but I find it very hard to approach them, as they're in their little groups (much how they feel about us). And they probably think young people smell funny :P

10:29 AM  
Blogger Achi Myachi said...

and you think YOU have an insight into teaching :P

I love making friends with older people. In Pinnaroo that's all I had at church pretty much. It's really awesome getting to know some of them, and some of them are really spiritual and inspiring. =]

1:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home