Saturday, January 13, 2007

Books!

Now that I've got your attention Susan ;-)

I actually have several different books on loan from a few different people, and after just recently finishing reading 'Every Young Man's Battle', I've been deliberating which book I would read next, and I was leaning towards either the one Ian lent me or the one Karen lent me, but after stumbling across a 6 month old blog post of Trav's (for the technically minded, Trav's Blog's RSS feed is all jumbled up on my computer) I've decided that I'll read Captivating which I have on loan from Steff. I won't start it till tomorrow, but even then I doubt I'll be able to contend with Trav's 2 day record. If you're wondering, I have already read 'Wild At Heart', which is sort of a pair with Captivating.

I'm glad for the two people that commented on my last post, as I was beginning to feel like I was the only one left on the Internet. Tim mentioned the new game Twilight Princess in his comment, and that reminded me that was actually a contender for the title of this blog. That is, Twilight Prince, however it sounded somewhat less... manly... then I would like associated with my writings.

What is manly though is that I was able to take my Christmas tree down, and without losing or breaking a single decoration. What's more to my amazement is that I managed to get the entire tree back in the box it came in, which anyone who's ever had to pack up a tree would know is quite an achievement, as I was discussing with Sharon earlier today.

My loneliness that I wrote about earlier in the week seems to have been short lived however, because the day after I posted Craig came back to spend two nights at home, which has been nice and refreshing having someone extra around. I'm still keen for John to return from England though.

Lastly I'd like to share with you moving song by Thousand Foot Krutch. It's a little old (2003?) but I still enjoy listening to the song, particularly when I can just sit and concentrate on the song and not be doing anything else.

Song of the Day: Thousand Foot Krutch - This Is A Call | Direct Demo | Lyrics 1 | Lyrics 2

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Trav said...

Hey i'm back from the World of No-Internet. Mission was pretty darn cool...but no doubt i'll tell you about that when i'm around next.

Good book choice. It was very moving.

I also read your way way too long post 'download' You of all people ought to know about the rules of blog posts (it was you who was explaining to me why you put the bible passages in the links)

When it comes to doing stuff i think i share a lot of your values.

1. I want to do as much as i can
2. I want to do it as well as i can
and those 2 fight against each other a fair bit.
yes tough decisions, but God often gives me a fair bit of guidance on it all.

well done this is like your 4th post for January. Same as me now.

2:37 PM  
Blogger Steff said...

Good job on everything :)

4:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home