Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Wow!

Last term some friends and I were doing a study on the book of 'Ephesians' from the Bible, which focused on all our different senses. There were video clips that went along with the study each week, as well as activities that got everyone up and moving. Even more interesting than all that though was the food that we started each session with.

We took turns, with different people preparing different dishes outlined in the study guide, and for the very first week I was tasked with preparing some 'wow food', something to really surprise and excite everyone. As we were discussing it the week before, we of course made the Toyota joke, 'Where the wow factor is high'. So I took that thought and created a cake and decorated it like a car.

I made the chocolate cake myself from a recipe I found on the Wikibooks Cookbook, the Atomic Fudge Cake. I then decorated it myself using some pre-bought icing that you roll out and lay over the top, which gave it an extra smooth texture. I made the icing blue by kneading some blue food dye into it, and then piped some icing on to decorate it, and finished it off by 'gluing' mint slice wheels on with icing. Overall reports were that everyone really enjoyed it, and that it tasted great.

Just when I thought I'd said all I could say, I thought I'd better draw your attention to the new heading and colours I've picked out, it's like my older one, again a parody of the logo of a video game, this time The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Steff said...

Welcome back to blogging!!!

Yes, the cake was very delicious, you are a very good cook :)

6:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home