Saturday, September 09, 2006

Rain

Tonight at D-Teams Karen summed up what we had been looking at throughout the entire term, that God is with us through the best of times and the worst of times. Some of the musicians had been performing items throughout the term, and a lot of them focused on rain. Karen went on to explain that rain is something that we often don't want to live with but can't live without it. She drew some parallels between rain and the troubles that we have in our lives, and then played a few of the items from throughout the term on CD and had us do some quiet reflection with some questions and bible verses up on the projector.

I was a little artistically inspired, which is unusual for me, and I sketched out a layout for the questions, answers, and verses, which I latter fleshed out in paint shop pro. These kind of creative outbursts are usually few and far between, so I hope you find it enlightening. Click on the thumbnail below for the full size image.



My song for today continues on with the rain theme and is called 'Rain Song'. While not one of the songs used as an item this term, this is a song that often has me closing my eyes when I sing it. The band now has a new album and their website has no mention of their previous album, so I've linked you the album, as well as a 1 minute demo from WORD Bookstore's online store.

Song of the Day: Day Of Fire - Rain Song | Direct Demo | Lyrics

2 Comments:

Blogger Miss C said...

I love your picture :)

5:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, finally I am going to comment :P

I do like your picture :D

11:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home